Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Station Road

 
Cuyahoga Valley National Park - Pic taken from Station Road Bridge

My favorite place on earth is the Station Road Bridge area in Cuyahoga Valley National Park (favorite non-Disney or Hawaii place, that is ;-). It's my usual water stop on runs on the Towpath and is absolutely gorgoeous. It is also where some Occupy Wallstreeters attempted to bomb it as part of their protest in May 2012...(http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-05-01/bridge-bomb-plot/54661638/1
Had they succeeded, they would have had hell to pay from me with messing up my path!

 (Note, the bridge in the picture is actually not the Station Road Bridge...below is the Station Road Bridge...which is where I was standing to take the above picture)

I've run under those metal beams countless times
 

Anyway, I wanted to have some non-cartoon paintings for my Grumpy's exhibit, so I decided to try to tackle Station Road, using the above picture.








 And finally......

Station Road
22" x 28" original acrylic painting on canvas

This might be my Iron Man painting...I don't think I'm going to be able to part with it!

3 comments:

  1. Stunning! I don't see how you could possibly part with that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful place! You captured it perfectly. Awesome job...don't know if I could part with it either! :0)

    ReplyDelete