That's right, I'm heading to South Korea. Not only that, I'm heading to the Gangnam district of Seoul..or the "Hollywood" of South Korea, as it is popularly known.
Why am I going? You mean Seoul isn't on the top of everyone's list of vacation destinations?! Well, aside from that, I am tagging along the Turtle's work trip to venture into the world of kimchi, chopsticks and..um....er....... yeah, I'm completely unprepared from this trip.
So let's have some fun. Here is the very short list of things I do know:
1. My hotel has an INDOOR RUNNING TRACK!!!!!!
---ok, list over. That's all I need to know!
|of course this was the first thing I looked into|
2. Young-uh day ha sheh suey simeeka?
--Do you speak English?
---A helpful phrase I think I might find handy.
3. There is a mall under my hotel.
--That makes it easy for the Turtle to find me!
4. There is also a Coldstone Creamery under my hotel.
--While I totally plan on trying all kinds of new and different foods, I have got to see what Korean Coldstone is like! And it's good to know I have a fallback for my ice cream addiction.
|I think this might be getting a visit from me or 2, or 10|
5. Do not leave your chopsticks standing straight up in your rice.
--This is reserved as a tribute to a deceased member of the family. Otherwise it's insulting.
6. Don't pour your own drink at a party...and if someone pours you one, you better drink it.
--Unless its a before-a-run night. Then I don't care how insulting it is, I am not compromising my morning run for tradition!
7. Our hotel has the biggest hotel fitness center in the country.
--I had to mention this again, I am so excited about this!
|Those look like the same brand eliptical I use at the gym! Score!|
8. Watch where you walk.
--motorcycles, bikes and even cars can be driven on the sidewalks.
9. There are 22 million people in Seoul.
-- So, that's like Disney World during peak season, right?
|This is why we go to the Parks in off season|
10. Postage-sized skirts = ok, Low-cut = not so ok.
--So, a nun on top and a hooker on the bottom.
11. Dress warm.... (well, except for the mini skirt part)
-- Highs will be in the low 40s, Lows will be in the 20s. Good grief. It's like I'm not even leaving Ohio.
Well, I am good to go, right?! Honestly, I don't even know what to picture when I think about the trip. Seoul hasn't exactly been on my radar. Oh yeah, and have I mentioned that aside from Canada, I've never left the country? Or that our flight from Atlanta to Seoul is 14.5 hours!!!
The hotel has Wi-Fi, so hopefully I'll be able to post a blog or two about running in Seoul!