Monday, May 7, 2012

The Early Bird Gets the Crack

I LOVE EARLY MORNING WORKOUTS!!!!!!!!!!!

5:30 am and all cracked out

I didn't have to go in to work until noon today, so naturally I got up earlier than I would have had I had to go to work and headed to the gym! And aside from trying to beep my locker open with my car unlock keychain, it was awesome! It was fantastic to get my 9 miler in on the indoor track before the sun heated up the tin can we call the gym! Though it was already over 80 inside when I got there, I was pretty comfortable during my run. I wish I could do this all the time!

My speed was back and in an hour I had gotten 7.5 miles in, which is my usual indoor speed. And that's not counting the 2 water/retie shoe breaks I took! After my 9, I went downstairs to finish up with my favorite weight machines, then headed home just as the sun was really starting to get cookin'.

Good morning Wright Patt!
Oh, Matt Lauer and Kelly Ripa, it's so good to see you again! I got my crunch and ab rolls in while catching up with my old friends then headed to work in the best mood I've ever been in on a Monday in centuries!

The rest of the week is supposed to be a little cooler, so hopefully I can run inside again on Wed. My hip hurt a little after the run, despite running indoors and in my favorite direction. I'm thinking it's time to pay Fleet Feet a visit when I go home next time. Tink needs some new flyin shoes!

3 comments:

  1. Hmm was about to say SOMEONE wasn't there today - I stand corrected! You missed a balmy 90 degree, crowded, steamy, sweaty, stinky sardine can! Someone smelled like feces, too - I wanted a clothespin for my nose when I walked past the flat benches. :-0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like early is where it's at! Good for you for getting it done. Yay for new shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed that you got up so darn early! I always love running very early in the morning, but it rarely happens because I just love sleeping in so much.

    ReplyDelete