Here are some of the highlights of our adventures in Hawaii:
1. Our flight got cancelled. That's right. 10 minutes before we headed to the airport I checked my email to kill time and saw the flight cancellation notice. "HOOOOOONEY!!!!! We have a PROBLEM!!!!!"
After a quick call to United, I patched things up and we now had a 9 1/2 hour flight (Chicago to Honolulu) to look forward to. Glad I downloaded all those movies to my iPad!
|Up, up and away!|
2. I fell in love with a flotation device.
|Best $3 I ever spent|
3. The Turtle lost his wedding ring. Nice try, Turtle! I foiled his little plan to return to bachelorhood by finding it on the ocean floor not 5 minutes after he lost it in the Pacific. Mwahahaha!
|Waimea Bay: The scene of the crime|
|Back on where it belongs!|
3. Honolulu traffic is rated worst in America. Well, it's not like they can just widen the roads or anything, it IS an island. Thanks to the congestion and our GPS smoking too much turtle weed, we missed getting to check out the Disney Aulani Resort. I guess I'll just have to go back to check it out!
|View of traffic headed into Waikiki from our lanai|
4. 80 degrees is cold! I'll kick myself for this comment in January, but after cooking in 100 degrees this summer, it was nice to cool down to a frigid 80!
|Though....pants might have helped too|
5. Udon noodles are the best meal EVER. Well worth the winding line pouring out onto the sidewalk.
|My shade-loving Turtle|
|I smile so much more here!|
If we can't find a flight, does that mean we get to stay forever?
It was a great trip and I miss it already. Now, it's time to look forward to the Air Force Half Marathon and our fall trip to Disney World!