Monday, November 14, 2011

I don't care, I LIKE IT!

So, I spent my entire weekend debating with my husband about whether or not one could tell what my latest painting is supposed to be. Ok, really, he just casually commented once that you wouldn't be able to tell what it was and then I spent the whole weekend randomly shouting out "I don't care what you say, I LIKE IT!"

I've been playing with photoshop and found some really fun ways to manipulate my photos. It was really exciting because it takes me away from my silhouette rut and takes me back to my one of my favorite techniques, stippling. I took a picture of a waterfall on Maui that I snapped on our infamous drive to Hana on our honeymoon (watch out for falling trees!).

Here's the original photo

Here's the photo after I've doctored it

Cool, right?
And here's my painting timelapse




The Waterfall
This is very textured. I used about 2 whole bottles of paint to get the 3D stippled effect I wanted, so it really jumps out at you. I know the picture is a bit modern artsy and not very linear and straightfoward as to what it is, but I love it! I'm using it as my 2nd entry for the Works on Paper contest.

So help end the debate, would you know what it was without the title? But even still, I don't care, I LIKE IT!

3 comments:

  1. ok so I can tell what it is but am not sure that is because you showed the picture first and told me or not. Either way I think it is a very cool painting and I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with C&M above. I think I'd know but now not sure. IT is cool though!
    That Crumbs confection is a PB Cup cupcake. Sinful I can't even tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with the two above comments - I definitely THINK I would know, but seeing the first picture makes it difficult for me to know for sure. I love it though! I wish I had your talent!

    ReplyDelete