Friday, November 11, 2011

Some of Us Worked Today

Nothing like dragging yourself to work at the crack of dawn while your husband's snores come drifting down the stairs.  Brings back not so fond memories of driving thru the frozen tundra of East Cleveland to man the Toys section of Target on Black Friday while all my friends and family were snuggled tight in their beds. Man, going to work sucks when you know everyone else is off! But thank you Veterans for all you do!
Unloading trucks at 3am during my Internship with Target

This week I've worked on entries for 2 upcoming contests/auctions. One is the 'Postcards From The Edge' auction for VisualAIDS, in NYC this January. Since those crazy giraffes were so popular, I made a slightly different version. I know it probably seems like I'm a one trick pony right now, but I'm really trying to get noticed, and since so many people liked the giraffe here, I'm sure those chic New Yorkers might like it too.

The coolest part about the auction is that if someone buys your postcard, they will send you the information of the person who did! The girl who told me about it said her friend's husband's piece was bought by the editor of Better Homes & Gardens last year! I've already determined that Leonardo DiCaprio will buy mine and I will become the artist to the stars.

'The Elephant' for Postcards From the Edge

I'm also entering a Works on Paper contest at the Rosewood Gallery. The contest is in February and I can submit 3 entries. So far, I'm submitting 'The Cheetah' and have 2 more ideas to come up with. This weekend I'll start working on painting a waterfall from Maui that I saw on my Honeymoon.

In running news, my hips still bugging me, though much better than last week. I'm so frustrated! I know it's only been 1 1/2 weeks since my last run, but I'm going crazy! It seemed  like everyone and their brother was out running this week, taking advantage of the last warm days. I wanted to kick them. But, as Frank keeps telling me 'Real runners have real injuries.' I'm trying to think positive and just be grateful that I can still use the bike without pain. I'm going to try running again on Monday and I seriously can't wait. The guy at the gym said 'Yeah, sometimes those things take awhile to heal.' To which I stared at him, unblinking, and said 'I don't have awhile.'



Yes. I take pics of my bike screen. I need photographic proof that I've done the exact equivalent of my 9 mile run and I don't trust myself to remember it right! The bike only lets you enter 60 min at a time, so before I reset it and start again, I take a pic so I can't question myself later and throw in an extra 10 min. just to be sure.  Damn that OCD!

1 comment:

  1. I have to work today too! I am so with you on the injury front - so frustrated and so impatient. This too shall pass, right? I am going to attempt a "run a mile/walk a mile" run this weekend (I think) and we'll see how it goes. Good job getting on the bike!

    ReplyDelete