Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Catching Fire

Although disappointed by the Hunger Games movie, I'm holding out hope that Catching Fire will be much much better. Either way, it doesn't change that its a fantastic story! Here is the continuation of my Hunger Games series:



It took me foooorrrrever to get the orange and yellows right. Orange and yellow acrylic paints are very transparent and take a lot of mixing with more opaque colors to get them thicker...Which then alters the color and makes for one crabby and impatient Tink.

While the original Catching Fire book cover is just plain orange, I thought the painting was a little boring so I jazzed it up with red/brown flamey branches.


"Catching Fire" 10" x 10" acrylic

3 comments:

  1. Hi how are you?

    I was looking through your blog, and I found it interesting, and inspiring to me, so I thought why not post a comment.

    I have blogs also obviously, and would like to invite you to become my blog friend.

    I mostly post about the California experience through the perspective of personal writings, and my art.

    Maybe you can become my friend, and follow, and I can also follow you, if that is okay.

    Well I hope to hear from you soon… :)

    Jesse Noe Mendez

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking through your recent paintings and I am majorly impressed, Tink! You are so talented girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all so much, its nice to have people appreciate my stuff!

    ReplyDelete