Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Weekend

Happy Two Days After Easter everyone! And thank you all so much for the super nice comments on my last few paintings, they really mean a lot to me!

This weekend felt like a whirlwind with family, running, birthdays and kielbasa!

Saturday morning I watched the temperature drop as I drove to one of my favorite spots in the whole world, the Ohio & Erie Canal Tow Path.

Good thing I brought my gloves

But who needs fingers and toes when you're finally running again, after 3 weeks of glaring at other runners from the bike?! We were so giddy to be out and back at our spot ( RRB, Running Rockstar Buddy, is recovering from a hamstring injury) that we went Jedi-style and ran the horsetrails rather than the actual path. 

It was so much fun to be back in my element, with  RRB to talk to! Granted, it was a far from perfect run. After 6 miles, my hip started to bug me a bit and I needed to take a few little water breaks to catch my breath (heaven forbid I run at a reasonable pace). I was bit sore after the run and returning to normal is going to take a bit longer than I thought. I think I'm going to have to ease back in with one 9 miler a week (with the bike the other days of course) until I feel more normal. It didn't help that the horse trails  had inexplicable patches of Waikiki-deep sand that we had to wobble through.

But we had a fabulous time, and I had such a fabulous weekend! Here are a few highlights...
The Rockstars return!

Happy 30th Dawn!

Spying on shady Clevelanders
Move over TV, camera phones are the new babysitter
He'll look like this until I come back.....or someone else pets him. So fickle.


No comments:

Post a Comment