Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Larry the Lion

Meet Larry. He's a lion. I was going to name this something more regal and pretty, but noooooooo, the Turtle had to walk by while I was working and say, "How's Larry?"

Arrrrrrrrrrgh!

And that was that.

 It took my 2 hours to get the left side of Larry's mane perfect. I just could not get it right! And of course, I was sketching in a white hoodie. Or should I say, previously white hoodie. Time to stock up on some Oxi-Clean...


Almost could have just left him like this!
And now, introducing Larry.......

"Larry the Lion" A 24" x 30" acrylic original

It's been awhile since I've updated you on the running. I'm still putting in two 9 milers a week, and have increased my elipticalling to twice a week, instead of just once. It all started with an innocent little invite by my sister in-law to go elipt one Saturday morning in October....and I've been going every Saturday since. I'm so easily swayed. Plus, I love being able to work out in the morning, and I get to have that worked-out feeling all day Saturday. I love it!

I'm all signed up for the Air Force Half Marathon, hopefully they'll figure it out this year so I can stop running at 13.1! And I am soooo super excited that it is now offically less than a year to go to the Disney World Half Marathon! Wahoo! 2014 Half, yippeeeeee!

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to join you in your countdown for 2014...I am really hoping I can go for that one!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! 358 days to go and we'll be running in the Castle :-)

      Delete
  2. Larry is fabulous! I'll bet they get that AF half spot on this year.
    On the cruise ship the ellipticals were always mobbed while the mills were vacant.

    ReplyDelete