Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Magic Carpet Ride

Phew! Let me tell you, this painting was tough! I spent an entire Saturday trying to sketch Jasmine's face. Aladdin came out just fine, piece of cake. But Jasmine? Noooooooooo.

Right when I was thinking I'd won the war on all Disney princesses, this foxy little minx proved me wrong. I tried not 1, not 2, but 3 times to get her face right. Each 1-2 hour sketching attempt resulted in me throwing down my pencil and having to walk away....and then feeling super depressed with myself.

I went to dinner that night feeling washed up, like I might as well throw in the towel. But then, I came home, grabbed my 80th pencil and finally got her face just right. The impossible can be done (and I may have channeled Dave Chappelle and screamed "Gotcha bitch!" when I was done)!

Here is "Magic Carpet Ride"



 


And finally.....

"Magic Carpet Ride"
18" x 24" acrylic original on canvas

 
And now the Turtle tells me there's a fan art contest going on for the video game Halo. So, I was swapping between paintings while waiting for each's paint to dry this weekend. I was going out of my mind trying to keep them straight! I'm lucky I didn't start painting flowers and stars on Masterchief!

5 comments:

  1. Way to push through and make it work Tink! Looks great...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally captured her face! Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The life of an artist is 99%frustration- 1% inspiration. Your a talent!

    ReplyDelete