This has a really complicated background that I attempted to sketch out...until my eyes started crossing. I very uneasily decided to wing it instead of driving myself crazy erasing for the next century.
And the above is how far I got before my Cleveland hat trick. I got really sick of seeing this half-painted bird laying around the last 3 weeks.
And now starts all the work I accomplished this weekend...
Surprisingly, the bird ended up being the easiest part! Figuring out the background and mixing the different shades of green made me batty. The Turtle kept asking me if I was ok after hearing me dramatically sigh every 5 minutes. But on the bright side, I'm really improving my 'winging it' skills. Maybe one day I won't need to pencil things on canvas at all anymore (yeah, right).
Geeking out to my Disney playlist (because I'm not excited enough), I finished "Jungle Bird"
|"Jungle Bird" - 18" x 24" Acrylic|
And I was feeling so inspired when I finished, I hopped over to Michael's to grab some heavy duty paper (and replenish my green paint stock which seems to have mysteriously diminished), and completed my first entry for the WOP Contest! I am on a roll! Pictures of that painting to come!