Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Animal Rocks the Guard

An old friend of mine wanted me to paint him Animal playing the drums. And even though Animal swore off the drums in the new Muppet movie, I knew he belonged back with his set.

In a burst of inspiration, I decided to personalize Animal's drums with the Coast Guard symbol, which my friend graduated to from our days toiling away with dirt and fertilizer at the greenhouse we worked at together in high school. I haven't told him how I used it in the painting yet, but Eddie graciously sent me a picture of his tattoo to work from. I can't wait to show him next time he's on land!

Never painted from a tattoo pic before!

 
A bald Animal is just one step away from Beeker



Note the star I'd originally intended for the drums


Almost done...

He just needs his chains and drums sticks!

"Animal Rocks the Guard"         24" x 36" Acrylic

1 comment:

  1. You've outdone yourself in cleverness this time. I love it! It's cool to see the continual progress of the art taking shape.

    ReplyDelete