|Yes, even my iPod has to remind me to click the lap counter on the track|
I'm pretty OCD about my running music. There are the songs I listen to when I run, and the songs I listen to when I race. And I will not listen to any of these songs outside of their designated time. If I hear one on the radio or it shuffles on my iPod any other time, I flip it off faster than you can blink. I don't want its novelty to wear out (or I'm just a complete freak, whichever you like).
I mostly run to rock or songs with really fast beats. Here is a sample of what you can find on my playlist:
- 'No Line on the Horizon' - U2 - the song I start every race with
- 'Closer to the Edge' - 30 Seconds to Mars - one of many 30STM songs on my list. Was this close to playing it in my dressing room (Greek School classroom) before my wedding
- 'Chase This Light' - Jimmy Eat World
- 'Songs That Saved My Life' - Kill Hannah - One of my fav bands, great beat
- 'Go West' - West End Girls - A Pet Shop Boys coverband, very dancey
- 'Jai Ho' - Misc. Artists - From Slumdog Millionaire Soundtrack. Completely random
- 'Theme Song' - Boondock Saints - Irish jiggy, very anthemic
- 'Tonight I Have to Leave It' - The Shout Out Louds - Love love love this song!
- 'The Best Things' - Filter - 1st song I ever played in my first car
- 'Kernkraft 400' - Zombie Nation - Reminds me of Cleveland Crunch indoor soccer games
- 'Show Me How to Burlesque' - Christina Aguilera - hangs head in shame...
- 'Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride' - Jump5 - Remix from Lilo & Stitch movie..It is in Disney after all!
- 'Fembot' - Robyn - Dancey pop
- 'Confrontation' - Damien 'Jr. Gong' Marley 'Saturday Love'
- Angels & Airwaves - A fav band..also have several from them on the list
- 'The Catalyst' - Linkin Park
- 'Potential Breakup Song' - Aly & AJ - Pop guilty pleasure
- 'Green Mind' - Dink
- 'Speak of the Devil' - Sum 41
- 'Season of Love'- Shiny Toy Guns
In total, I have 5.5 hours of music on my list..but I like having a cushion.
What about you? What song do you have to listen to when you race?