My fellow blogger Kathy at Kathy Just Keeps Running tagged me for this and I have to say, with blogs that are either about OCD Running or whimsical paintings, I'd say it describes my blog to a 'T'! So, without further ado, here are 7 Things That Make Me Weird...or 7 Things You May Not Know About Me:
1. I'm the baby. After years of being tortured by my 2 older brothers, I can happily say that they are some of the coolest people I know.
2. I am an excellent negotiator. Growing up, I got grounded....a lot. In fact, I remember once getting grounded from ALL forms of communication the 1st 2 weeks of summer break my sophomore year of high school..all because I smiled. Fortunately, none of my punishments ever lasted long because I bargained with my mom. I'd play game upon game of Tetris with her to cut my sentences short. Ok, so maybe this fact should have been titled, My mom is a Tetris addict.
3. I was going to marry Hulk Hogan one day. At 5 years old, I couldn't stop drooling over that balding blond behemoth. We would live happily ever after. That is, until I discovered John Travolta at 12, Brian Littrell of BSB at 13, Val Kilmer at 14 and then, my true prince charming, Russell Crowe at 15. My bedroom walls were a testimony to my fickle heart.
|We would've been so happy together|
4. I've broken my jaw. Because high school wasn't hard enough, at 17, I found out what little coordination and balance I have when I tried to run and slide on a frozen creek for the first, and last time. I had my jaw wired shut for 3 weeks, with an additional 3 weeks of rubberbanding it shut at night. I now have an extreme fear of ice and all slippery and unstable surfaces...and a special nack for talking through gritted teeth.
|Not quite as dramatic..but I forbid photos to be taken|
5. I was a groupie. My brother and I spent the summer of 2004 following my fav Chicago band, Kill Hannah, to exciting places like Milwaukee, Pittsburgh, Columbus and Chicago. We'd drive 8 hours, camp out another 8 hours in front of the venue door then drive another 8 hours home. All while living on Watermelon Gushers, McDonald's fries and Steak & Shake shakes. It was one of the best times of my life.
|With Jonny Radtke, lead guitarist of Kill Hannah|
6. I have been to Hawaii 3 times, and hopefully more! My first trip, my husband (then bf!) and I and his sister tagged along to watch our friend run in the '05 Honolulu Marathon for Team-In-Training and I absolutely fell in love. I don't think there's any place more beautiful. Since then, I am constantly scheming to figure out ways to go back. Plus, I need my coconut syrup fix!
|Running the streets of Waikiki in December 2005|
7. I was discovered at Bath & Body Works. Instead of Warm Vanilla Brown Sugar, I was getting fame and fortune! Until the meeting with the "agency" made me feel like a horse at auction, and the upfront cost was way too much. Not surprising when I saw the company featured on the news as a scam. So long catwalks and Vogue!
So there you are, you are now a certified expert in Tink!